When you are just looking to find out what an item is worth for purposes of possibly selling it, or just because you are curious then an online appraisal may be your answer.
Online appraisals have been growing in popularity in recent years owing to the pandemic and their convenience. They can be very helpful but there are some important considerations regarding online appraisals.
– An online appraisal is a Restricted Use report for your use only and cannot be used by third parties such as insurance companies, courts of law or the IRS.
– The purpose is to determine a market value for the intended use of contemplated sale, purchase, or personal planning.
– The amount and type of information researched and the analysis applied to the findings is limited.
– An online appraisal necessarily involves extraordinary assumptions (for example, identity), any of which, if proven to be incorrect, could render the value conclusion inaccurate.
– An appraisal conducted solely by the use of descriptions and images provided by the owner is less reliable than a personal inspection by a qualified appraiser.
Penrose Appraisals' online appraisals comply with the ISA Report Writing Standards and Code of Ethics, as well as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and will be delivered electronically only, within 3 business days.*
Certain assignments are not be appropriate for an online appraisal, and may still require additional investigation, research or a personal inspection. Feel free to contact me for further details.
The fee for online appraisals is $59.00 per item payable in advance via Paypal.
Click Here to Start Your Online Appraisal
* You should require a certain level of expertise from your appraiser. I do not have adequate expertise in jewelry or firearms to provide you with an exceptional and reliable report in these categories. Please do not submit these items for appraisal online. Contact me for a referral to one of my expert colleagues in these fields. Thank You.